Creative Commons Licenses


Sunday, November 11, 2018

Thankful For Our Veterans

Image result for veterans day 2018 100th yearToday is Veterans Day. It is one of the most important days to remember and never to forget the selfless sacrifices that our troops have given to the American people throughout the history of our country. The public opinion of whether or not some wars have been justified, or unnecessary may change, but understand that the ones who volunteer and enlist to serve our country should always be saluted. A couple weeks from now is Thanksgiving. I am thankful for my family, friends, the opportunity to go to school, and for being able to eat and live comfortably. These things are only possible in my life because of the work that our fellow troops have put in to make sure we are safe and secure. So, in all honesty, the number one thing to be truly thankful for is indeed our brave veterans who put their lives on the line so families like mine have the opportunity to celebrate holidays such as Thanksgiving. Without their service, we may not have the privilege and freedom to cook a holiday meal, or to visit distant family members to re-connect. Veterans Day will always fall on the 11th of November because World War I ended on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. This is very significant to remember because many of the veterans of that first world war did not want the things that they went through to be forgotten each passing generation. World War I was one of the most brutal wars in history as most casualties came, not from small arms fire, but from barrages of artillery. Many of the surviving veterans from World War I were very shaken from their experiences and often were not the same anymore. Hours of artillery fire would fall with no moment of any silence. These conditions were nothing short of extreme. Veteran's Day of 2018 will be the 100th year anniversary of the World War I armistice - ending fighting on the ground, air and sea. Instead of prioritizing a barbecue, or getting drunk with friends (which can still happen, I'm not saying not to), try to call a relative who's a veteran and thank them for their service. If you see a customer at a restaurant or store wearing a veteran's hat, be sure to thank them for their service. I believe our veterans do not get enough recognition for the events they went through to ensure the safety and freedom of all Americans. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! We at CBE are all about supporting our troops and Veterans. We are always thankful for the freedoms granted to us in this country because of the troops and Veterans that serve and have served to protect our freedoms.

    ReplyDelete

The Past 10 Weeks With YO! Adrian

YO! Adrian is a YouTube channel that I created in order to learn and develop digital marketing skills and this blog was a big help in orde...